I just feel so blessed. I can't even pinpoint any
specific event or thing that I have that has got me feeling this way. I
just feel so amazingly blessed. How blessed we are to have a Heavenly
Father who loves us, and who gives us every needful thing. I hope each
of you feel as blessed as I do.
Due to emailling late last week, I feel like we were just in here emailing home. Due to that, today will be a short one.
The
biggest thing that happened this last week was... illness. I was
feeling pretty down on Saturday night, and woke up Sunday feeling
absolutely exhausted and had a rather painful feeling in my stomach. I
slept through the entire day, and woke at five feeling absolutely
terrible. A couple of the members had called to see if I needed
anything, and wish me a speedy recovery. I mostly just felt terrible
from being inside all day. We had to get out and do something. I
asked my companion for a blessing, had a little bit of soup, and prayed
that I might receive the strength to be able to go out and work for the
last three hours of the day. In those three hours we probably made the
best day of the whole week. We found a couple of new investigators,
taught a couple of lessons, and received, and contacted a referral. One
lesson in particular was amazingly powerful. This man has been
struggling financially, emotionally, and spiritually for quite some time
now. We taught him the gospel, and how applying that to his life would
help him make the change he was looking for. He expressed to us that he
did not believe that it was a coincidence that we had contacted him that
day, and invited us to return. At the end we invited him to close us
with a prayer. He declined, being that he had not prayed for a long
time. We bore basic testimony that he had a Father in Heaven who loved
him very much, and if he wanted help, he would have to ask for it. His
heart was instantly softened, and he offered an amazingly heart-felt
prayer to his Creator. I have never seen a man so humble in my entire
mission. It was a testimony to me of the power of humility, as we
realize how much God has given us, we are endowed with power, because as
it says in Exodus God is "a jealous God" and wants to be recognized for
all that he does, which, let's face it, is everything.
That's about everything I can think of that is out
of the ordinary. This week we are going to be blessed with the presence
of another apostle: Elder Niel L Andersen. How amazing it will be to
shake the hand of a servant of the Lord!
Hope all of you are doing well, and I wish you the
best in all your endeavors. Remember what is MOST important in life, set
your priorities accordingly, and everything will be great. I love
y'all!
-Elder Pearson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.