Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Second Trainee

I can't believe that this is the first time writing home since I got my new companion. It already feels like I've been with him forever! My new companions name is Elder Stewart, he is in fact 18 and fresh out of high school. He's from PG, Utah, and lives about 5 minutes from our house.
We spent a lot of Monday running around and saying goodbye to everyone for Elder Powell, though we did find some time for a little futbol. We got the english elders to come over, and a couple of members, and we played a fun little game. It was so hot! We only played for about 40 minutes until we were all winded and just about ready to pass out. But it was so worth it! Later on we went bowling with some of the members of the branch. It was so much fun! I think the last time I'd been bowling was in Junior High... But I did really good! I won all 3 games! My only real goal was to get a turkey. I got two strikes in a row, and I let the ball go for my third one... It looked perfect! I knocked down all but one pin which was left teetering side to side. I was so upset! It doesn't get any closer than that! I should have done a penguin dive down the line and just punched out the remaining pin.

On Tuesday we went in to Dallas and picked up my new companion, and then went right back to work! I wanted to take him out knocking, so that's what we did. I was expecting an experience kind of like my last trainee, but the first door we went up to, the lady that answered was very nice and she let us in. We ended up teaching the whole restoration! Elder Stewart said "Wow, this is a lot easier than I thought it would be" or something like that. But here's where things get good.
We got one of the english elders to dress up as a normal person and meet us in the park as an "investigator" so that we could teach him, and he could give my new companion some fairly difficult questions, etc. He looked really good, he actually has his ear pierced, so we borrowed an earring from a member, and he wore that along with a hat and some shades. My companion did really well! He answered every question that was thrown out, and we taught the whole lesson. As we were saying our goodbyes, he shook my companions hand and said "it has been an absolute pleasure. I'm going to enjoy having you in our district" as he pulled his name tag out of his pocket and showed it to him. It was perfect!

One of our members showed us this video that apparently made national news. It's called "Mormon Missionary Ballers" and it's these two missionaries from our mission in Dallas. It's super funny. Y'all will have to look it up on youtube. But these missionaries pretend to be no good at basketball, and then they get into a game and end up dominating these guys that they're playing with.

Other than that, not too much has happened! The english elders baptised this woman and her daughter that they have been teaching for a while now. It was a really powerful service, and wow, you could see the glow on this woman's face after she was baptised. It is such a testimony to me of the truthfulness of this work. That the atonement of Jesus Christ is real, and very powerful. Also that the authority of God to do ordinances such as baptism for the remission of sins, is here on the earth. It is such a blessing. I got a song from another missionary that I just love. It's all about missionary work and the chorus goes like this:
For all that we know, how could we forget
those who don't know, or just don't know yet
Let's harvest this field, from sunrise to sunset.
The master is coming, we are not done yet
I love that! It is so true, and hearing that song always gets me so excited to go out and do the work. We are spiritual farmers! Yeehaw.

Well that's all I can really think of for this week. This following week is my last full week as a teenager! Agh! I can't believe how fast everything is happening. I love you all and am so grateful for all the love and support!
-Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.